Education and Training
- McDaniel College BA in Studio Art/Art History, Westminster, MD May 2015
- University of Phoenix, AA (Elementary Education) 2012
- Defense Language Institute, AA (Chinese Mandarin) 2012
- Chinese Immersion Course (Multi Lingual Solutions), Rockville, MD 2005
- Chinese Intermediate Course, Kunia Learning Center, Wahiawa, HI 2004
- Technical Intelligence Training, Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, TX 2003
- Chinese Mandarin Basic Course, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, CA 2001-2002
Program and Application Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in Design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Corel Painter
- Experience with Chrome, Google docs/drive, and various web browsers.
Relevant Work Experience
Javi Padilla Design Group, Winter 2014- Present.
Graphic Design Intern for Javi Padilla Design Group
- Gained experience in site building from scratch through WordPress;
- Used the latest applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop to create web designs and ideas to be used in websites run by the company;
- Gained basic CSS skills
- Created mobile responsive websites for clients;
- Used my artistic skills to help create web banners and logo designs;
- Researched and reported on social media tools and applications used to streamline posting for company efficiency.
McDaniel College Rice Gallery, Fall 2013-Present.
Intern for the Rice Gallery of McDaniel College
- Coordinate with professional and student artists exhibiting at the gallery;
- Communicated with gallery director and visiting artists;
- Handled fragile artworks and prepared them for shipping and delivery;
- Assist in the design and layout of exhibitions;
- Hang artwork, repair portable walls, and set up lighting for exhibitions;
- Ensure gallery maintains a professional appearance for student/professional art shows;
- Work one-on-one with artists exhibiting to ensure their artwork is shown in the best way to convey their intended purpose through placement, lighting, and directing the flow of traffic throughout the gallery space;
- Ensure visiting artists are treated with courtesy and respect during set up and tear down of their works as well as assisting in transport of works when needed;
- Monitor works displayed while on exhibit;
- Create flyers used to inform students of exhibits and artist lectures happening on campus.
Bradley Images Photography and Video, Inc, April- August 2014.
Personal/Admin Assistant tasks include:
- Greeting clients, customer service, customer outreach, booking appointments
- Burn discs with client’s images, create personal labels, contact and mail finished products to clients;
- Update and managed office calendars on Google Drive;
- Coordinated with photographers and clients to ensure everyone is confirmed and where they need to be on time;
- Assisted with company account deposits and the handling of client personal information and payment information;
- Answered phone calls and emails from current and prospective clients regarding bookings, services, and accounts.
- File management- handled client personal information and ensured all files were organized and safely kept;
- Organized office supplies and spaces to ensure efficiency and cleanliness.
United States Navy, May 2001 – May 2007.
SIGINT Mission Subject Matter Expert, NSA Hawaii
- Led a new high priority mission-tasked nine-member analysis and reporting team;
- Scanned large volumes of traffic; recognized essential elements of information and determined reporting priority;
- Provided Advisory Tasking and Support Packages for U.S. mission platforms in area;
- Implemented and updated operational and training procedures; used by over 20 strategic and tactical analysts;
- Responded to requests for information from national and theater level clients and Performed collection and resource management tasks
Cryptologic Linguist, Intelligence Analyst, and Reporter, NSA Hawaii
- Provided quality control on transcribed tactical traffic; issued daily summaries;
- Created and updated training aids and tools used by 24-hour watch operations;
- Monitored developing target military activities; produced time-sensitive reports;
- Catalogued technical data used for target exploitation
Highlights of Qualification
- Proven Leader; led teams to superior performance and accuracy, experienced in providing training to subordinates;
- Able to respond to high pressure situations; meeting deadlines on time;
- Proficient in Graphic Design software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and Painter.
- TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance with counter intelligence polygraph, Inactive;
- Bilingual; Chinese Mandarin.
Activities and Honors
- Alpha Lambda Delta, National Honor Society October 2013-Present
- Dean’s List: Highest Honors Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014
- 2nd Place in Kathryn E. Wentz Juried Undergraduate Art Exhibit, Rice Gallery 2013
- 3 works of art chosen to be among 40 pieces in Kathryn E. Wentz Undergraduate Exhibit 2013
- Peer Mentor for New Sophomore transfer students 2013-14
- Gallery Management Independent Study, Rice Gallery 2013-Present
- Veterans on the Hill Member 2013-14
- 2 works accepted among 32 into Kathryn E. Wentz Juried Undergraduate Art Exhibit, Rice Gallery 2014
- Receiver of Junior The Wasyl Palijczuk Art Award Spring, 2014
- Creative Time Summit Discussion Panel Member, November 2014, http://www.mcdanielfreepress.com/2014/11/21/creative-time-summit-conference- fosters-global-connection-with-local-participation/
- 1 work accepted among 37 into Kathryn E. Wentz Juried Undergraduate Art Exhibit, Rice Gallery 2015.
- Student Honors Exhibition: Exhibitng Student Spring 2015
- Senior Show Exhibition: Exhibiting Student Spring 2015
- Recipient of the M. Louise Shipley Senior Art Award, Spring 2015